Powered by Blogger.

Shoal Creek Executive Desk Jamocha

Monday, July 18, 2011



[ Click D'pic 2 see detail ]
This desk is heavy as hell, and needs at least 2 person to assembly. One person could do it with a lot of difficulty.

I had my first disappointment when the item has arrived. Some parts (and visible ones) were damaged during the transport.

Schema in general explains well how to assembly but some details are skipped, so you have to discover yourself. Assembling this unit is not comparable to assembling a simple desk or any other furniture but requires some carpenter talents. If you don't have some experience on woodwork this is not definitely for you.

Screws are just in number, so try to not loose or damage them. Otherwise you need to buy new ones and some of them are rare to find.

Material is cheap, not solid wood but kinda chipboard. So it could be broken or damaged easily during the installation. This was my case. I had some parts broken during the assembly and mounting of drawers. The finish is lacquer paint on chipboard. It looks nice.

Other problem is moving the unit. It requires at least 2 men to carry. So make sure to not assembly far away from its designed place.

Finally I finished the setup after 10 hours of work (alone) and a lot difficulties. In final, I have a nice-looking desk but one of the drawers is broken and fixed by wood glue. I have several paint damage on arrival. (probably I need to touch-up). 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP