Powered by Blogger.

A Job Completed.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

At last the tidying up of the side of the drive is done. This is the before picture. I didn't mind the grass in the middle of the drive but it made the 'washing away' problem worse.
Work in progress - Linas dismantled the old fallen down block wall and stacked the blocks for me and Romas did some of the heavy weed clearing.

Job done- the ornamental grass that I planted has a fair chance of surviving. The London Pride at the bottom end only has a slim chance but as it was a clump that was being cleared away anyway I thought I'd give it a go. I've a nice rockery sedum with dark red flowers that I shall use to cover up the rest of the bare soil but not until spring. It's not that I don't like bare soil, just the weeds that are bound to grow there.
It's been a house of ailing people this weekend. Romas is suffering badly from a 'boil on the bum' and a nasty cold, Pete woke up with back ache after moving his servers yesterday and yesterday evening I was hit with severe gastric pain. Apart from being extremely painful I was annoyed because I know that I have to be careful eating fatty foods especially when I've not eaten any for months and I over indulged yesterday. Well it's a good warning just before the festive season and going out for meals with work colleagues etc. It would be so embarrassing to be struck down in company. As long as I watch what I eat I'll be ok. It's all due to the medication I take.
This morning I had to go into town to get painkillers and drawing paste from the chemist. I am not a fan of Sunday shopping but the High Street was full of families doing their Christmas shopping. I heard one little lad say plaintively " Are we going to be much longer?". I'm sure he would have been much happier kicking a football about in the park or going for a walk on the beach.
Linas has been home for the weekend , he has been going to the gym every day and he tells me that they don't go out that much because they have too much work to do for their assignments - good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP