Powered by Blogger.

Happy News.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Congratulations to Vytas and Kate!
Vytas phoned earlier this evening to tell us that after 4 years of going out together he and Kate have decided to get engaged. They don't have any plans to get married for a few years but isn't that lovely news. They met when they were in their first year at Leicester University and living in the same halls and seem to be a very well suited couple. Peter and I are very pleased that they have decided to make this commitment to each other and they already know that we wish them every happiness. They'll be coming down for at least a week at Christmas so maybe Vytas will sort through the rest of his stuff that is overflowing Peter's study. (Hint, hint.)

Today we had ground level clouds which didn't lift until the middle of the day when I was able to get out and do some work on tidying up the edge of the drive. Well, I couldn't have gone out earlier because I had a really long sleep to make up for only sleeping 3 hours on Thursday night due to various aches and pains. It's mostly a matter of managing pain killers though I'll be happy when I finally get an appointment at the Bristol Dental Hospital because my lying, money grabbing NHS dentist refuses to do root canal filings.




There are a surprising number of roses still flowering in the garden. Usually I prune back the roses growing on the front of the house in the autumn half term but I don't want to start that job while there are so many flowers left.

















A few more of the roses around the garden.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP