Powered by Blogger.

Autumn Tidying.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The weather today was much the same as yesterday so I managed another couple of hours working in the garden. The tallest of the sedums get very heavy when they're wet and flop over onto the other plants so I'll have to cut them back if I don't want a slimy mess to clear up in the spring. I cut some to dry(I will eventually get round to painting the wall above the tiles which I put up 12 years ago!) , for a big art project that is going on at school using only natural materials. Although I will be doing a lot of art with the children this term it will all have been planned by the class teachers but once I have have my full time class I can let my imagination run free. Last year I managed to sneak in a lot more art than the curriculum guidelines for year2, (from the government) tells you to do, by planning everything with cross-curricular links. I'm already looking forward to our arts weeks. Originally it was just 1 week but last year it went to 2 weeks and our head told us to put everything aside and spend the whole time on the arts, on any themes we liked, fantastic.
This afternoon while we ate a Peter's special curry, with side dishes, we watched Star Wars IV on the tv. We still recall how impressed we were seeing it on an enormous screen in Leicester Square when it first opened back in 1977. Apart from the heavy make up it hasn't dated at all. The boys grew up with the videos and watched them so many times they wore out the tapes.
As we were watching on tv, (we do also have the dvds), we had to put up with the adverts and I thought this one for Trainline was quite amusing and might be familiar to anyone in NZ.


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP