Powered by Blogger.

chic little clock

Friday, August 27, 2010

My Mom and I are in the midst of painting the living room, dining room and kitchen a warm creamy white.  What a difference light can make.  I have never been able to live in dark and a flat brown paint qualifies as dark.  Pictures to follow. 

Last fall I got into a bling frenzy (as witnessed by my previous post!) with a clock and decided to do another one.  I have had this clock for 15+ years, it was brown and never worked (because I couldn't get the back off to add the battery) but it had potential.  One day I figured out how to get the back off and then I was off!!

I painted the clock cream, then started adding bling,



It is a small clock so 1 dollar store bracelet covered the brass around the face.

Then I added a crown on top which was from a cell phone charm and then added an earring to the bottom.  I then needed pink shiny at 3 and 9 but it looked off.  I left it for a while and thought. 

What was off was the clock mechanism under the glass was brass.   I tried and couldn't get the glass off and the brass upset the look of it all.  What worked was pasting a dollar store earring onto the glass face.  It covered the brass and because the same detail was on the 3 and 9 it worked. 



I now have it on my desk. 





I love it so much that when I had sold my house I moved into my Mom's for 2 months and I brought it.  It doesn't keep great time (the battery needs to be changed about every 5 weeks) but it is a tiny bit of beautiful. 


I even liked it under the Christmas tree,


Back to painting!

Patricia

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP