Powered by Blogger.

Work, Work, Work.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The weather did a complete flip today, pouring with rain in the morning and sunny on the way home. I'm not too sure when the sun started to shine because it's been really busy at school, what a surprise. I've come to the realisation that yes, the level of input we do does make our teaching better but it's far too much for any one person and eventually you get burnt out. But the government doesn't care because then you shouldn't be teaching and they can employ some other eager candidate. At the moment there are about 100 applicants for each teaching job in this area. I was in school until 6.15 as I was putting up a large jungle display in my classroom which involved tearing lots of paper into strips and then pinning/ stapling them to the wall. That took ages and then I hid their paintings of tiger and leopard patterns in the foliage to look as if there were a couple of big cats hiding there. I selected 3 of the most life-like of the animal faces they had painted (not the ones with big smiles) to finish off the animals and also added some of the very good pastel drawings of jungle plants they had done today using both photographs and an orchid which I had bought for the classroom simply because it is so beautiful. I've craftily incorporated it into the India theme with a fancy label.
I often stop at one particular gateway on the way home to check out the sunset over the sea. Originally it was to see if there a good photo opportunity but recently I just stop to look at the view for a few minutes. Sometimes the sea is silver and at other times gold. I can't see Lundy from there but can look across to Appledore and Hartland.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP