Powered by Blogger.

My Shabby Chic obsession

Monday, September 27, 2010

I adore Shabby Chic.  I discovered Shabby Chic about 15 years ago and fell instantly in love.  To help this love along I purchased a white couch.  I had my then 3 year old nephew with me and the saleswoman thought I was nuts but I didn't care, I had a white couch.

Then I had a baby and a white couch, not a problem, covers came off and everything washed up (except the pen she ran across the arm when she was 17 months old, that was harder to wash off).  Grape juice, marker, dirty feet and hands, all washed away.  I think it's the only way to have a couch and children, it's clean and can be cleaned.

My first ebay purchase in 1998 or 1999 was Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Treasure Hunting.  I still know people who will not shop ebay because they are afraid, but I have always had excellent sellers and never had a problem.

Then I discovered Rachel sold products at Target.  We don't have Target in Canada but when my Mom was in the states she took pics of Rachel's line and sent me presents!!  It started an obsession that started small,



and then it grew as ebay grew.

And grew.


I love it all.  She makes amazing products and I love how soft everything looks.  Once I tried to sell a house and my realtor wanted change.  So I tried it,


I tried it and liked it and played around with grey and black,



But I have always gone back to Shabby Chic.  It's timeless, workable, clean, bright and cozy.  It is a trend I still love,



and always will.  If you love this look I'm sure like me you have had a lot of people comment on how white it is.  I always hold my tongue when I go to their homes and never say how brown (shudder) it all is.

Until next time,
Patricia

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP