Powered by Blogger.

Back To The Dentist.

Monday, April 26, 2010

For most of the day there has been 100% cloud cover though obviously not too thick as it was relatively bright. It was only towards the end of the day that a few blue patches appeared and then for a short while we returned to blue skies dotted with fluffy clouds. Before starting my gravel washing I dug out dandelions from the lawn and removed some weeds from the rain softened flower beds. I did a little gravel washing in the evening and spotted about 5 tiny trout fry close by me in the stream.
I worked an extra hour at school this afternoon which tied in nicely with a dentist appointment. This was a relatively pain free visit as all that needed doing was a little more adjustment to the height of one crown and a replacement filling. The filling didn't actually need replacing but I had finally got fed up with having a grey patch showing through one of my front teeth. It had been filled from behind in the days when NHS patients only got amalgam filings (you still do unless it's a front tooth). My previous (private) dentist kept suggesting that it wouldn't cost too much to replace it with a white filling but in my mind £50 is a sizable sum and I stuck with the grey filling. Finally vanity overcame prudence especially when I found out I could have it done on the NHS. It was even better than that, because I had asked when I was having my 2 crowns replaced everything was covered by the one fee of £200. So at least I got my money's worth even if I did have to suffer at the hands of a not so excellent dentist.

With a bit of a struggle another 2lbs lost this week. This weekly weigh in is a great motivator, it took me a year to finally get down to weighing myself each day and watching what I eat. This is the only way that works for me. I do need the thought in my mind that some one else; diet club, practice nurse or you my dear reader, will be noting my weight loss each week and that kicks in my desire not to fail.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP