Powered by Blogger.

Spot the Difference.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A whole day spent decorating!
So far I've - painted the ceiling - not much fun painting a whitish textured ceiling white. It was really hard to see which bits I had done.
- stuck on some tiles, painted over the mural, and papered 1 and 1/2 walls. I now know why it's been over 10 years since I last put up paper. It's not my thing. I'm good at tiling and painting and even basic carpentry , but I struggle with paperhanging. Still, only half a wall to go and no more switches or sockets to trim around.
Look carefully at this picture, On the right is a wall painted with a subtle shade of white, 'ivory', carefully chosen to tone in with the base colour of the curtains. On the left - a wall newly papered with lining paper ( those are shadows not bubbles). Can you see a difference? We can't. But I will paint the lining paper now that I have actually bought the paint.




It has rained for most of the day but in a dry spell, after the man had been to service the central heating boiler and sort out a valve problem, I took a few flower pictures in the garden.

This is a pretty hardy geranium called Roxane with another scrambling, trailing geranium that has romped all over the flower bed. These geraniums have been flowering since the beginning of summer.




Ceratostigma, a late flowering shrub.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP