Powered by Blogger.

The Shabby Chic Rescue

Sunday, June 26, 2011


I blame this.


This beautiful aqua pillow.  It got me loving aqua and in turn thinking I needed to add it to ........ something. 

A few weeks ago I showed my painted dresser project



I love it but the overall effect has been so white.  I noticed this when I took a picture of my daughter in vibrant colours and the room behind her glowed white. I thought adding colour to the dresser would work.  I thought I would add a bit of wallpaper ( could not find any I like),  those wall sticky things (never any in my taste ) and then I decided to look for a stamp of a damask pattern (which was no where), then I looked for a damask stencil.  Aargh! Nothing.

Then that damn beautiful pillow made me think I needed aqua and off to Home Depot I went.  This is what I did.



And this,



I sat down to look after I was done and realized it was a green not blue aqua.  It grated on me for the entire 6 days it lasted (It was wrong because I  have no greens here, blues, grays, pinks but no green.  There may be a reason for that, green never seems to work for me).

Yesterday I was by Michael's so I thought I would check for a damask stamp, but no.  Then I thought maybe I would look for wrapping paper and see if anything there would work.



A Shabby Chic Rescue!!  Treasures by Shabby Chic gift wrap.  Huh. 

I looked at it and realized I could make it work. 

I like the grey and white almost damask pattern and decided the grey would be a definite improvement over the green.  I applied it with mod podge




I repainted all the green pale grey.  It was exactly what it ( and I ) needed.


To me the grey looks french and subtle.

It is my little corner of France.


My favourite candle holder.  Once a weigh scale (like a justice weight),  it was my first garage purchase, .50 cents.  I pulled it apart, glued it together in a more appealing combination, then silver leafed it.  The crystals are from the grocery store.  

I like this all so much better.  It was a lesson I needed to learn.

No more green. 

Until next time
Patricia

I will be sharing this with:
http://www.fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP