Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Oh the joys of full -time teaching. It has been another beautiful day but I've had to spend at least 4 hours with my eyes glued to a pc screen doing my school planning for next week. Yesterday I tried working on the lap top outside but whichever way I sat I couldn't see the screen properly and I kept losing track of the cursor. And I was having to navigate around Windows 7 instead of my old familiar Windows 2003. I don't take too kindly to change. A purple leaved hardy geranium in the scree garden.
I was out in the garden until mid afternoon, mainly weeding and hanging up load after load of washing as mysteriously the laundry basket which I had emptied yesterday had filled itself back up. I was trying to avoid the football but couldn't help coming inside to watch the second half of the England match, until the Germans scored their 4th goal. Much despondency in the house.
The evening sun was casting dappled shadows over the garden.

On the house wall the honeysuckle is starting to flower. We now have a proper flowering progression on the walls. First the wisteria followed by the roses and finally the honeysuckle. The roses do continue to flower through the summer but not in such profusion. off for an early night watching anything but football, probably Glastonbury again though I won't stay up so late as last night.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP