Feeding Six on a Pound of Hamburger
Friday, January 14, 2011
I never know what is for dinner most days .. until mid-day .. or a family member calls at 4PM to ask, 'what's for dinner tonight .. I'm starved' .. There are so many things to weigh (LOL). What green to serve (salad, slaw, broccoli, green beans .. and what have we already eaten this week .. have to mix it up) .. what veggie .. what starch .. what meat. I try not to serve heavy meat dishes but once a week .. that means the other dinners will be in the form of soups, stews, pasta, rice or potato casseroles .. salads .. or even breakfast in the form of omelets, waffles .. etc. Last night I made .. let me think what to call it .. humm ..?? Sauteed mushroom/ground steak gravy .. served over mashed potatoes .. with a side of fresh garden corn on the cob (plucked from the freezer), and a delicious tangy coleslaw with vinaigrette dressing. Hummm .. HOBO gravy .. nah .. Steak gravy .. nah .. How about: Mrs. Mac's Meaty Mushroom Gravy?
I swear .. the family thought they had died and gone to heaven with this dish. Tasted as good as a Sunday afternoon pot roast meal .. at about 1/4 the cost and time to make.
0 comments:
Post a Comment