Christmas White
Sunday, December 5, 2010
I put the Christmas tree up. It's white and I fill it with mercury glass ornaments that I got from a grocery store. Here in Canada, Superstore has some fantastic home decor items and they also have Joe fresh clothes so shopping for groceries is about more than just groceries.
As I mentioned previously the tree is white. I took the bottom support rails off so that I can put it in an urn.
To cover the bags I use a feather boa. I love feathers at Christmas, it looks like snow and it adds a dimension to the tree that works.
I let it drape over the urn.
This is the whole tree finished.
My daughter put a toy on top because we used to put a toy on the top when she was little.
When I had a mantle I used to drape it in feathers and add mercury glass holders and balls. It was beautiful.
I actually made the mirror. One year my Mom and I were obsessed with Trumeau mirrors so I made 2 of them, one for her, one for me. Not a difficult job. Just a board, fancy trim, a piece of mirror, and I used anaglypta wallpaper on top and and another piece of trim. For a person that had never used a miter box it was a bit of a challenge but I got it done. I did a pale pink for me and a pale blue for her.
Getting it together is taking a while but I will post some more of my decor.
until next time,
Patricia
0 comments:
Post a Comment